Albanian Financial Instrument Settlement and Registration - AFISaR
AFISaR is the central system of Albanian Government securities settlement and registration. The Bank of Albania organises the auctions pursuant to the Agreement signed between the Bank of Albania and the Ministry of Finance and Economy on these securities.
The AFISaR is fully compliant with Bank for International Settlements (BIS) principles on the settlement of securities transactions in accordance with the Delivery versus Payment (DvP) principle.
AFISaR participants are divided into two categories:
- Direct participants have securities accounts directly into the system and they can operate these accounts themselves, by accessing the AFISaR.
- The indirect participants have their accounts opened and operated by direct participants.
AFISaR has been running live since 19 January 2015.
In addition to the Bank of Albania and the Ministry of Finance and Economy, there are 13 direct participants.
- Regulation “On the functioning of the central Albanian Financial Instrument Settlement and Registration (AFISaR) system”
- The contract on direct participation in AFISaR system – unofficial translation
- The contract on the indirect participation in AFISaR system of a legal person – unofficial translation
- The contract on the indirect participation in AFISaR system of a natural person – unofficial translation
- AFISaR system business hours
- AFISaR system applicable fees
- Information sheet on the direct participant of the AFISaR system
- Calendar of membership of a direct participant in the AFISaR system
- List of direct participants in the AFISaR system