Payment systems statistics
The Bank of Albania collects, compiles and publishes, among others, statistics on payment systems and payment instruments.
From the perspective of payment systems oversight, the need for quantitative and qualitative information is very important with regard to making assessments to guarantee safe and efficient payment services.
Moreover, from the perspective of the reformer, creating and expanding statistical available data supports not only the research activity at the Bank of Albania, on market developments, but also private initiatives.
In relation to its role as the systems operator, the Bank of Albania, in line with the international best practices and standards publishes statistics and information in relation to the systems it operates for the actual and potential participants to be able to analyse risks and their potential in the activity of the system.
Statistics of large value payment system - AIPS and AIPS EURO
Statistics on Payment Instruments
- Payment instruments
- Payment instruments in years
- Customer transactions within bank
- Customer transactions within bank in years
- Number of cards in circulation
- Number of (ATM and POS) terminals
- Transactions by terminal
- Number of customer accounts
- Statistics on the use of e-money, issued by e-money institutions