National Payment System Committee
The National Payment System Committee (NPSC) is established pursuant to the Regulation No 37, dated 25.06.2014, "On the organization and functioning of the National Payment System Committee" approved by the Supervisory Council of the Bank of Albania pursuant to Article 3 of the Law No 133, dated 29.04.2013 “On the Payment System”.
The purpose of the Committee is to support and contribute to increasing the security, stability and efficiency of the national payment system in Albania, in accordance with the legal obligation of the Bank of Albania to promote the normal functioning of the payment system.
The National Payment System Committee is set up based on the best practices of the European Union in the area of payments, as well as on the needs and peculiarities of the national market. The Committee is a strategic, consulting and communicating entity, whose decisions aim at supporting the activities of the institutions participating in the area of payments.
Meetings of the NPSC
- Eighth annual meeting of the National Payment Systems Committee, December 9th, 2022
- Seventh meeting of the National Payment Systems Committee, December 16th, 2021
- Sixth Meeting of the National Payment Systems Committee 17 December 2020
- Fifth Meeting of the National Payment Systems Committee 1 October 2019
- Fourth Meeting of the National Payment Systems Committee 20 June 2018