Financial Stability Reports
The Financial Stability Report analyses important developments in the financial system and identifies the factors that represent a systemic risk. This report identifies and assesses risks faced by the financial system and its infrastructure, to give public authorities the opportunity to identify the necessary corrective measures.
It is published once e year, in Albanian and English.
The Bank of Albania estimates that in 2018 H1, the banking sector activity was stable, with good indicators of performance and financial resistance. The decline in the value of foreign currency assets of the banking sector, as a result of the significant appreciation of exchange rate of lek, affected the slight contraction in the value of total assets of the banking sector for the period. Economic developments and the performance of financial markets fully supported the activity of the financial system. During the period, the exposure of the banking sector to the risks of the activity did not experience significant changes. Banking sector’s capability to withstand these risks in circumstances of high levels of liquidity, capitalisation and profitability is assessed as strong.
- Financial Stability Statement for 2018 H1 [86.65 KB]
- Overview of main risks to Financial Stability [529.16 KB]
- International Developments [221.79 KB]
- Macroeconimic Developments in Albania [78.85 KB]
- Markets and payment systems [665.59 KB]
- Financial position of households and enterprises [858.13 KB]
- Financial system structure [5.23 MB]
- Assessing banking sector resilience through stress-testing [218.06 KB]
- Macro-prudential policy [92.75 KB]
- Annex [52.99 KB]